Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Snack Attack!

PB&J Makeover!

Alright. So I typically kick myself if I eat at night, but, around 8:00 last night I had a craving (per usual). A peanut better and jelly sandwich sounded SO GOOD but I don't buy bread, so I had to get creative. What did I have in my pantry that could cure this hankering for a good ol' PB&J? Then it hit me. I have rice cakes!!! Problem solved.

To avoid heavy calories so late at night, I decided to opt for my PB2 powder. If you are unfamiliar with PB2, it is literally powdered peanuts. To make it into a paste, you add 1 tbs. of water. And, wait for it...it is only 90 calories per 2 tablespoons! A peanut butter lovers dream! But it gets even better. If you aren't quite sold yet, it comes in chocolate. Sold now? Thought so.


I use Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes, plain. I am really picky about my packaged food. I like to know what every ingredient is, I like to be able to pronounce each ingredient, and I like to know where it comes from. If you are going to purchase rice cakes, buy these. You know why? Because they aren't full of crap ingredients and artificial, processed nonsense. Soapbox off. So I mixed two tablespoons of my PB2 powder with one tablespoon of water, slapped it on the rice cake, and spread one tablespoon of organic strawberry jelly on top.

Jelly not pictured.

Seriously, guys. Heaven. AND my craving was cured while saving around 260 calories. You're welcome.
Keep it sassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment