Saturday, August 10, 2013

Paleo Crock Pot Monkey Bread!

Okay.  I kind of lied.  It's not really monkey bread.  It's more like cinnamon honey buns.  But it looks like monkey bread!!  And still tastes phenomenal.  And I know I say this every time, but I really mean it this time.  This is THE best paleo treat recipe EVER.  Hands down.

Not only is this a super easy recipe, but it literally melts in your mouth.  Like M&M's.  But better.  And it only takes like an hour or an hour and a half in the crock pot.  

What you need:

DOUGH:
1/3 cup of coconut flour
3 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 tbs coconut oil/grass-fed butter
dash of salt
2 tbs honey

The dough recipe is actually from one of my favorite sites: Wellness Mama.  Her recipe calls for 4 eggs, but I only used three so I had more of a dough and not a batter, and I opted for the coconut oil and not the butter.  This made about 7 or 8 balls of dough.

TOPPING:
1 cup of honey
4 tbs grass-fed butter melted
1 tbs of cinnamon

 I mixed all of the dough ingredients together until it reached a good consistency.  Next I formed medium sized balls of dough.  After the balls of dough were formed, I melted the butter, and mixed that with the honey and cinnamon.  I dipped each dough ball into the topping mixture and placed into the crock pot.  If you have a large crock pot, you will want to double the recipe for the dough, but not the topping.  You will have plenty.  If you have a smaller crock pot, the amount of dough should be fine and you can pour the unused topping over the doughballs.

Cook on low for 1-1/2 hours in your crock pot.

This is what they will look like when they are about finished.


This would be great to make for a sweet addition to Sunday brunch, or to just throw together last minute to cure the after dinner sweet tooth like I did :).  I definitely recommend using a spatula to get these suckers out because the outside ones have a tendency to come apart.  Enjoy this recipe!

Have a great weekend!
Keep it sassy.

2 comments:

  1. Is this supposed to cook on high? Not low? Mine is soup after hour and a half...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total let down...ended up with mush. I think you forgot to add a step or ingredient.

    ReplyDelete