Tuesday, July 2, 2013

45 Calorie Cinnamon Bun Smoothie

Does anyone else ever crave cinnamon rolls on a regular basis?  I always crave them because I never eat them. You know why I never eat them? Because when I want a cinnamon roll, I want the good kind.  Not the kind you buy from Kroger, but the kind you get from Cinnabon.  And one cinnamon roll from Cinnabon has 880 calories, 36 grams of fat, 17 grams of saturated fat, 127 grams of carbs, and 59 grams of sugar.  Holy crap.

THAT folks is why I never eat cinnamon rolls.

Lucky for you, today I have cured our cinnamon roll craving.  The Cinnamon Bun Smoothie is vegan with only 45 calories, 3 grams of fat, 2 carbs, and ZERO grams of sugar.  Best of all, it doesn't taste like cardboard!!  Yay!!

What you need:

1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
5-6 ice cubes
3 tsp of ground cinnamon
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 packet of stevia
Blender


Put all ingredients into your blender and mix! SO easy. I had to throw my Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar in the picture too. Surprise, surprise: it is my favorite flavor in the All Natural Line. :)


Aside from being good for your waistline, this smoothie also has other health benefits. Cinnamon is SO, I repeat, SO good for you. Here is how:

1. Helps control blood sugar.
2. Antioxidant. Cinnamon is one of the top seven antioxidants in the world.
3. Reduce weight. Cinnamon may help reduce hunger pains and sugar cravings. YES PLEASE.
4. Prevent colds, sore throats, and coughs. Some people claim that at the first sign of a cold, drinking Cinnamon Tea may prevent the cold because of its antibacterial properties.

So next time you are craving an 880 calorie cinnamon bun, you have a 45 calorie alternative. And don't forget to thank yourself for two things: 1)not clogging your arteries and 2) not feeding yourself shit.

Until next time, keep it sassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment