Friday, August 9, 2013

Paleo-Friendly "Reese" Pie!




Yup.  That just happened.  The most amazing dessert among paleo desserts was just made.  Thanks to Clean Eating With a Dirty Mind our lives are forever changed.  Pretty sure I say that about most every recipe on the blog, but I mean it.  This will blow your mind.  It is pretty easy to make, too!  Time consuming, but easy.  I have no patience.  And if I can do it, you can do it.

I followed their recipe almost exactly, except I omitted the vanilla extract in everything and the lemon juice.  Mainly, because I didn't have vanilla extract or lemon juice.  So, if you have them, use it.  And I am sure this dessert could only get better.  Here is the recipe on their website!  I am sure you will find lots of other yummy goodies on there, too.

The crust alone was phenomenal.  Not exaggerating.  They call it a "faux"reo (fake oreo) crust.  Holy crap.  I had to stop myself from eating it directly from the bowl.  Fat kid status.  I am totally making "faux"reo balls with that recipe at some point, too.  Get excited! 

Instead of sunbutter cups, I made the paleo Reese cups here.  But instead of honey, I used the grade B maple syrup.  One thing I have noticed about paleo baking, is that honey definitely has a stronger flavor that stands out a bit more than maple syrup.  So, if you aren't a huge fan of the honey taste, opt for the maple syrup.  

Have a wonderful weekend, put your game face on, and head to the kitchen.  

Keep it sassy.

2 comments: