Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Paleo Fudge? Yes, please!

Is it seriously only Tuesday?  Is this week dragging for anyone else?  Well, to cure my "only Tuesday" blues, what is better than guilt-free fudge? Oh, and Rock of Ages.  This is the second time I have watched it this week.  If you haven't seen it, it will change your life.  Tom Cruise is a little out of control.  AKA he is a ball of filth in this movie.  And you might be offended.  But keep watching.  And, for your sake, don't watch this with your parents.  And parents, the same goes for you.  This movie is like Pitch Perfect on steroids and with better music.  WAY better music.  Who doesn't love Don't Stop Believin'?  Oh.  And I am now obsessed with Julianne Hough.  I want to be her.  And I want to live in the 80's in my next life.  Teased bangs and all.  I want it.  You will, too.

Anyways.  

Guilt-free Fudge.  It exists!  I found this recipe on one of my FAVORITE recipe websites.  Detoxinista.  Have you heard of her?  Well, after viewing her recipes, you will be obsessed with her.  And Julianne Hough.  So she has a raw fudge recipe for ONE.  Thank God.  Because when I bake sweet treats, I eat way more than one serving.  You do, too.  It's okay.  I won't tell anyone.  If no one sees you eat it, the calories don't count.  Right?

If only.  

So here is what you need:

-1 T of raw maple almond butter
-1 t of extra virgin coconut oil  I always have this on hand.  Trader Joe's has it SUPER cheap
-1 t of 100% cocoa powder
-a dash of salt
-vanilla (optional)

I make homemade maple almond butter.  Chances are you don't.  So, you should get raw almond butter, and add some 100% maple syrup in there, to taste.  Grade A is runnier.  It reminds me of Cracker Barrel's maple syrup.  Grade B is thicker.  You be the judge.

Mix everything together in a bowl.  If you are patient enough, mold it into a fudge-like square and stick it in the freezer for 5 minutes.  If not, stick the bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes and go for it.


That's vegan?!  And paleo?!  Mouth-watering.  I know.  And it takes like two seconds to make.  So when a craving strikes, go make your single serving of fudge.  Or double the recipe if you'd like.  Heck, triple it for all I care.  Oh, and while you enjoy this guilt-free treat watch Rock of Ages.  You can thank me later.

Have an awesome week.  Keep it sassy.


No comments:

Post a Comment