Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cinnamon Vanilla Coffee!

It's Wednesday a.k.a. Humpday a.k.a. TGI Almost Friday, which means you need a little pick-me-up to help you through the rest of the week.  We are going to share with you our recipe for Cinnamon Vanilla Coffee free of crap oils and artificial unpronounceable words.

This recipe is dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, and DELICIOUS.  With this coffee, it will be easy to make the transition from the "cream"er you think you can't live without.  I know.  I've been there.  Coffee-mate Coconut Creme was my comfort in a cup.  But, to tell you the truth, most of the creamer we buy from the store doesn't even contain cream.  What the heck?  That doesn't make sense at all, does it?

What you need:

Coffee.  I'm going to be honest.  My one cup of coffee usually contains two cups.  8 ounces just does not cut it for me.  Happy me = 16 oz. of coffee.  At least.  And I don't think it's just me. :)
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.  I put about 3-4 tablespoons into my coffee.
Pure Vanilla Extract.  I added two capfuls.  You should start with one so you can add more if you want more of a distinct vanilla flavor.
Cinnamon.  Start by adding 1/2 tablespoon at a time.  If that is not enough, you can always add more but you can't take away.  I start with 1 tablespoon but I have a cinnamon obsession.
Stevia.  Start with 1/2 a packet.  Too much could make your drink almost bitter.  You don't want that.  If you want it a little sweeter, add more.  You could probably substitute with honey, but it may overpower the flavor of the cinnamon and vanilla.

If your almond milk has been in the refrigerator you will probably need to warm your drink up a bit.  Try about 15 seconds in the microwave.

Enjoy your coffee!  Your body will thank you for switching :)



Happy Hump Day.  
Keep it sassy.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: